New update for ScummVM
More than two months after version 1.4.0 came out, ScummVM is now updated with release 1.4.1 (code name “Subwoofer”). The new version of the virtual machine for adventurers and retrogaming lovers is depicted by developers as a “maintenance only” one and it is mostly designed to fix several bugs found in the previous release, even though ScummVM 1.4.1 does bring some of the new features introduced afterward.
The new version of the multi-platform interpreter that in these years has greatly helped keeping the true spirit of adventure games alive - for old and new players - fixes some bugs for the RPG Lands of Lore, features “slightly” better graphics for the PSX version of Broken Sword 2, improvements in sound settings for games based on the Sierra SCI engine (King’s Quest, Space Quest etc.), removes a crash in the VGA version of Quest for Glory 1 and adds support for the remastered soundtrack of Beneath a Steel Sky made by James Woodcock.
The full list of all the changes brought by the new ScummVM version to the code is available at this address on SourceForge.net, while the project’s official site hosts downloads of the last build for the gaming virtual machine in the many available versions: ScummVM can run (among the other things) on OS Windows, Linux (Fedora, Debian, Ubuntu) and Mac OS X, console PlayStation (PS2 and PS3), Dreamcast and Nintendo 64, mobile gadgets (iOS, Android, Windows CE) and even on OS/2, Amiga, Solaris 10 servers and Samsung TVs.
- Emulation galore: news for ScummVM, ResidualVM, PCSX2 and Supermodel!
- ScummVM 1.1.0, update with bugs
- DOSBox 0.73, emulation status update
- A bugfix plethora for the new ScummVM version
- The return of Zork on the web, ScummVM
- Conficker worm asks for instructions and gets an update
- ScummVM 0.13.0 delivers new adventure games
- Promote retrogaming by purchasing retro-games
- The return of (old) PC graphic adventures
- ScummVM 0.12.0, all your adventures are belong to us